Highlights of visiting the US Virgin Islands:
1. Visit St. John Island and explore its pristine beaches, including Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay.
2. Snorkel or dive in the clear waters and see the vibrant marine life, including colorful coral and tropical fish.
3. Take a hike in the Virgin Islands National Park, which covers over 60% of St. John Island and offers scenic views and diverse vegetation.
4. Visit the town of Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas, known for its colonial architecture, shops, and duty-free shopping.
5. Visit the St. Croix Island and explore its historic sites, including the Fort Christiansvaern and the Christiansted National Historic Site.
6. Experience the local culture by trying some of the island's culinary specialties, such as johnny cakes, kallaloo soup, and the famous Cruzan rum.
7. Take a boat tour and see the scenic coastline, mangrove forests, and caves of the islands.
8. Visit the St. Thomas Synagogue, the oldest synagogue in continuous use in the Western Hemisphere.
9. Relax and enjoy the peaceful surroundings and scenic views at the Maho Bay Campground.10.
10. Attend a steel drum concert or festival, which is a staple of the island's music scene and celebrates its Caribbean heritage.
When visiting Saint Thomas, USVI, you can expect a tropical island experience with a blend of history, culture, and outdoor activities. Here are some of the things you can expect to experience:1. Beautiful Beaches: Saint Thomas is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean, including Magens Bay and Coki Point Beach.
2. Historic Architecture: The capital city of Charlotte Amalie has a rich history and boasts stunning colonial-style architecture and cobblestone streets.
3. Shopping: Saint Thomas is a shopper's paradise, with a wide range of duty-free shops, jewelry stores, and local markets.
4. Adventure Activities: There are plenty of opportunities for adventure, including snorkeling, diving, kayaking, and hiking.
5. Culinary Delights: You can sample the local cuisine, including Caribbean dishes like roti, conch fritters, and plantain.
6. Cultural Attractions: Visit the St. Thomas Synagogue, the oldest in continuous use in the Western Hemisphere, or the 99 Steps, a historic staircase that connects Charlotte Amalie's harbor to the town.
7. Nightlife: Saint Thomas has a lively nightlife scene, with plenty of bars, nightclubs, and live music.
8. Scenic Views: Take a scenic drive around the island to see the lush vegetation, rolling hills, and panoramic views of the ocean.
9. Festivals and Events: Saint Thomas is known for its lively festivals and events, including Carnival and the St. Thomas International Regatta.
10. Check out these restaurant options in Saint Thomas
Overall, Saint Thomas offers a unique blend of Caribbean charm, history, and adventure, making it a must-visit destination for any traveler.